Community outreach and education programs will be delivered to community members in partnership with existing community organisations and through formal and informal community leaders.
The aims of these programs are to:
- Increase the communities’ awareness and understanding of wellbeing;
- Support organisations and leaders to recognise when a community member needs support; and
- Know where to refer the community for support. By supporting community members, organisations and leaders to understand wellbeing and reach out for support, the ultimate aim of this service is to support community members to seek support earlier.
Mental Health Awareness Workshops
This presentation is designed to increase mental health awareness as well as support well-being and improve community resilience.
We select our Mental Health trainers carefully. All are mental health professionals have with appropriate qualifications, technical expertise and experience in the mental health care sector. Additionally we have bi-lingual CQ trained presenters from both genders.
This enables them to provide you with quality training which is grounded in experience and knowledge of the field.
- Exploration of the continuum of mental health, including the differences between good mental health and mental illness
- information about the roles of various mental health professionals in supporting recovery
- Understanding of mental health recovery and strategies to maintain mental health
- barriers Muslim community members face in understanding of this issue
- Where to go for more information and support
CMW offers 2 delivery options. These options give you the opportunity to choose the way you would like to undertake the course.
1 and 1/2 hours online live (zoom) training
2 and 1/2 hour face-to-face training
To book a presentation or find out more please fill out the form below